Two Civic Workers Die After Inhaling Poisonous Gases | Kanpur News


Kanpur: Two private civic workers died in a factory in Akrampur Industrial area in Unnao on Saturday after inhaling poisonous gasses released from the effluent treatment plant.
The victims, identified as Lavkush (35), a resident of Nawabganj in Prayagraj and Raj Kishore (25) of Karauli, Barasagawar area of Unnao, arrived at the factory at around three O’clock in the afternoon to clean the tank. As they stepped inside the tank, they fainted and fell down. Immediately, an alert was sounded and the factory management was informed about the incident.
The factory staff took both of them to the district hospital where the doctors declared both dead on arrival.
Inspector Kotwali OP Rai said that after the incident came to light, a police out-post in-charge went to the spot and started an investigation in this regard.
“At the time of the incident, the duo was checking the levels of the wastage and opened the valve.
They inhaled the gasses that leaked from the treatment plant and collapsed. Both were rushed to the hospital, where they were declared dead on arrival.
We will question the management in this regard. Senior authorities have been informed about the incident,” Rai further said.





Source link

Leave a Reply