Police Intensify Op To Nab 14 Accused Of June 3 Violence | Kanpur News


Kanpur: Police have intensified search operations to nab fourteen more persons accused of June 3 violence.
All these accused have been identified by the Special Investigation Team.
According to police, the fourteen accused were found to be involved in the violence after Friday prayers following a call to close down the shops to protest against the remarks made on the Prophet by BJP spokesperson Nupur Sharma, on June 3 at the Parade and its adjoining areas including the Nai Sadak. So far, 60 persons, including Hayat Zafar Hashmi, the main accused of the violence, have been arrested and sent to jail in this regard.
Joint commissioner of police Anand Prakash Tewari said the SIT have identified 14 more persons found to be involved in June 3 violence, and soon they will be in police net. On June 6, the police had released posters of the suspects involved in the violent clashes. The police had issued the photographs of these suspects after scanning the CCTV and video footage. The names of those who inform will be kept secret, police said.





Source link

Leave a Reply