Fire Damages Property At Kmc Office, Branch Of Canara Bank | Kanpur News


Kanpur: Two incidents of fire were reported from the city on Monday.
A major fire broke out in store room of the municipal corporation head office in the Motijheel area of the city on Monday morning. Furniture kept in the store on ground floor of the building was damaged due to fire. Due to the fire mishap, official work in the building was also affected.
The KMC employees raised alarm after they came across smoke followed by flames emanating from the store on ground floor of the Municipal Headquarters at around 9 in the morning.
The fire soon engulfed the electric panel also. The employees alerted the fire department and also tried to douse the flames with fire extinguisher cylinders, but in vain. The fire was finally brought under control with the help of a fire brigade which arrived 15 minutes after the mishap. The KMC employees said that old furniture kept in the store was completely burnt. “This furniture came out about an year ago during the beautification of the municipal commissioner and the mayor’s office,” they said. “Fire engulfed electrical wires, connections of the electric panel and also affected the office activities throughout the day. Repairs are being done,” said chief engineer, electricity, municipal corporation RK Pal. Another incident of major fire was reported from the Rama Dental College branch of Canara Bank on Awadhpuri Road. Two fire tenders were pressed into service to control the fire. The bank’s strong rooms, important documents, cash and lockers were reported to be safe.
The Rama Dental College branch of Canara Bank is located in the house of Saurabh Dwivedi, a resident of Awadhpuri Road. At around 4am on Monday, fire broke out due to short circuit near cashier room. Seeing the smoke emanating from the bank premises, the landlord alerted the police control room. On being informed, local police and bank officials including branch manager Smita Singh rushed to the spot. It took over two hours of massive exercise for fire tenders to douse the fire.
Smita Singh said, the exterior part of the branch was damaged due to the fire. “Many computers, including stationary, were damaged. However, a strong room locker, important documents including loan papers are safe,” said the bank manager.





Source link

Leave a Reply