Fire Breaks Out In Shoe Factory | Kanpur News


Kanpur: A major fire broke out in the shoe manufacturing unit located in Dada Nagar Industrial Area in Govind nagar on Friday evening. Four employees of the factory who were trapped at the fourth storey of the factory were rescued safely by the firemen. The incident came to light after the workers came across smoke followed by leaping flames. Later, when the fire spread to a major portion, the employees ran outside the factory and raised an alarm and alerted the local police and fire department. Six fire tenders were pressed into service. Firefighters brought the fire under control after two hours of effort.
Nitin Tiwari, a resident of Gwalior, Madhya Pradesh, owns a shoe manufacturing unit in Dada Nagar. At the time of the incident, workers were working in the factory. Later, a pasting machine caught fire following a short circuit in it. As soon as the fire broke out, the workers initially tried to douse it, but in vain. Later, they ran outside and alerted the police and fire control room. However, the fire spread rapidly due to the presence of combustible material in the factory premises. The fire was brought under control after about two hours of effort. Fire officer of Fazalganj Fire station Vinod Pandey said that the fire occurred due to short circuit, investigation is being done. “One among the factory employees, who fainted after inhaling fumes and smoke, has been admitted to Lala Lajpat Rai hospital. Damage of the goods and property is yet to be assessed,” he added.





Source link

Leave a Reply