Couple Consumes Poison: Husband Dies, Wife Critical | Kanpur News


Kanpur: A 30-year-old man died while his wife is undergoing treatment after the couple consumed some poisonous substance inside their house at Ahirwan in Chakeri police area of the city on Monday morning.
According to reports, Gopal Vaishya was found lying unconscious next to his wife Rupa. He was rushed to the Kanshiram hospital where doctors declared him dead on arrival. Rupa’s condition is stated to be critical.

Gopal was in shuttering work and Rupa was a housekeeper, said police.
“About a year ago, Gopal, after a brief courtship, had married Rupa, who hails from Gwalior, Madhya Pradesh. Both were living on rent in the house of Aditya Dwivedi, a resident of Raja Market of Ahirwan in Chakeri, for past six months. Late on Sunday night both of them apparently consumed some poisonous substance. On Monday morning, when the doors of their room remained closed for long, the landlord went to check them and found them lying unconscious on ground,” said police. The landlord then informed the police. On reaching the spot, the sent both of them to Kanshi Ram Hospital, where Gopal was declared brought dead and Rupa was admitted for treatment.
Ahirwan outpost in-charge Rajesh Kumar said that medicines related to epilepsy disease and other sedatives were found from their room. “It appears that they took an overdose of medicines due to which they were knocked out of their senses, and later Goapl died. However, the actual reason behind the incident could be ascertained once Rupa regains consciousness. We have not recovered any letter indicating the reason behind the extreme step.” “We will talk to their relatives to find out if they were in some kind of mental pressure,” said the official. “The matter is under investigation,” he added.





Source link

Leave a Reply