50 villagers taken ill afterconsuming stale ‘chaat’ | Kanpur News


Kanpur: More than 50 people allegedly fell sick after eating ‘chaat’ at a local fair in Raghunathpur village in Purva block of Unnao district. Chaos prevailed in the village in the late hours of Friday night when a majority of villagers complained of stomach ache, followed by vomiting.
Many among them approached private doctors in the vicinity. However, when the condition did not improve, 19 among them were admitted to CHC Purwa. On Saturday the chief medical officer (CMO), along with a team of doctors rushed to the village and started treatment of 32 other patients and administered them necessary medicines.
Sources said that scores of villagers with their families consumed ‘chaat’ at the two stalls put up at a local fair organised near Kali temple in Raghunathar village of Purva block on Friday. After witnessing the fair, they however returned to their respective homes in the evening hours. Late in the night many of them complained of feeling sick in the stomach.
When conditions didn’t improve for the patients admitted in the private hospital, an alert was sounded.
“During preliminary findings it came to fore that the villagers had consumed stale `chaat’ at the fair owing to which they suffered food poisoning,” said the CMO, adding that the condition now of almost all the patients is stable.





Source link

Leave a Reply